Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sorry, not sorry

Why is it that, everyone feels entitled to their own opinion, but if another person disagrees with that opinion suddenly that person is wrong? This is a backwards way of thinking don't you think? I mean, saying one person is right 100% of the time seems illogical.

This is where I'm coming from...

I'm in my early 20's, graduated from university a year ago, married, vegan, and I've been out of a job for 3 weeks.

I am the definition of someone living outside of the norm.

Do I care? Absolutely not.

Should you care? Absolutely not.

I'll take myself being a vegan. If I'm on Facebook, Instagram, or out in public for that matter I hear that vegans are weird, meat is awesome, why would someone deprive themselves of meat, eggs, and dairy (because apparently you shouldn't live without them) and if you're offended you should just get over it because you're the odd one out. BUT, if a vegan walks in the room and talks about their meal all of a sudden people are offended because by you not eating meat, eggs, and dairy you are bullying them. I mean....really.

I'll also take myself being in my early 20's and being married. There are posts all over everywhere talking about this topic but even by being out in public you can hear the conversations about how young people are ruining their lives because they are getting married. Stop. Right. There. When did it become some kind of sin to love someone unconditionally and want to spend the rest of your life with that person? When did moving in with someone and deciding to do everything together start ruining peoples lives? The thing is...I'm not into pushing love. I'm not into pretending to love someone just to get married and have a wedding. What I am into is loving and taking care of someone because they are more important than your "happiness" or your "relationship goals". If you haven't found the one yet, that's okay! Live your life to the fullest and take one day at a time. If you don't find them until you 50, that's still awesome. If you don't have the desire to find someone, that's great! Just do you.

Which brings me to my final rant, not having a job. Forcing yourself to work a job that you absolutely hate and that makes you a terrible person, is not doing anything for anyone. Sure we all need to make a dollar. I for one, know exactly how this is. I've had more jobs than hands and feet and I'm young. I've had more jobs than some 80 year old's can say and it's because I needed to eat. But...if you have dreams, aspirations, something you're working for...being in an environment where you aren't happy....isn't going to send you on your path.

I've had a job since I was 15...sometimes having 3 jobs at once. Not having a job right now is out of my comfort zone. I thought I knew what I wanted to do but it only took me to a dead end. So now I'm here. It wasn't until now that I'm realizing and trying to figure out what I really love, what I'm passionate about, and where I need to go all because I was forced to stop, breathe, and really think. Being out of your comfort zone is sometimes the medicine you really need.

The point of all of this is just because someone isn't living the life that you set out to live, does not mean they are wrong. Each one of us has different paths, different goals, and different passions. We are all here to follow those dreams. Just because you hit a speed bump, doesn't mean you crashed and burned and that also doesn't give someone the right to judge you. God doesn't make mistakes. If we all did the same thing, this would be a boring world wouldn't it?

Prove the haters wrong. Haters are going to hate, but you...you do you.





No comments:

Post a Comment